personalize your christmas stocking

In order to celebrate the season the best way I know how, I'll be posting the 12 Days of DIY December here. Check back every day for something new to make, bake, or create to get ready for Christmas!

The one thing I really miss in our apartment (apart from a proper tree, sigh) is a fireplace for stockings. Luckily, there's a lovely built-in in the dining room with an arch that should be just perfect for leaving our stockings - I'm not sure how Santa will get in, but once he does, he won't be able to miss them there!

Somehow, the only member of the household who has a stocking here is Logan the cat. I plan to rectify that quickly, and once I do - I'm going to personalize my stocking!

If you have the time, making a stocking from scratch is totally possible and a great project. But with the big day coming up so fast this year (SO fast, oh dear), I'm just hoping to get what I can done. And that means putting a special touch on a store-bought stocking.

Now that I've gotten into cross-stitching, I have a bunch of embroidery floss just sitting around in my craft stash. Obviously, the answer is clear - add a little embroidery to a stocking! I love the classic simplicity of just an initial, but it might be fun to do a short word (refer to my decorating with words post for examples of short holiday-themed words, if you're stuck) or simple design as well. It'll depend on the stocking and where the wind takes me! (AKA how much time I have - how is it two weeks from Christmas Day? That can't be right.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails