style inspiration: marie antoinette

I know that wanting to be Marie Antoinette is like so 2006, but I have to admit, I've had a bit of Baroque fever lately. I actually didn't much like the movie itself, though I'm thinking that maybe I should give it a second chance because I love the style--the period clothing with just a slightest hint of rock n' roll. Pour on a heavier dose of rock, and you're ready to hit the street in a whole new way.



Inspiration is obviously the film, Marie Antoinette, as well as fashion editorials, illustrations, and the phenomonal drag stylings of Raja (a current contestant on RuPaul's Drag Race). There are so many great modern interpretations of the rococo style, and I'm a fan. As much as I'd love to cruise around with a powdered face and a giant wig studded with bows and pearls, a few touches and inspirations might be better for everyday wear.

gone rococo



Obviously, my interpretation of the Antoinette look is mostly pink and ruffles, florals, and plenty of glam. All things that are easily melded into an everyday style and incorporated into your wardrobe.


Hair Headband Blue Rose Cabochon | Neo Victorian Filigree Ring | Sugared Rose Earrings | Squid Girl Necklace | Taynton Marie Antoinette Blue & Ivory | Antoinette Statement Bib


An Etsy search for "Marie Antoinette" yielded a lot of lovely accessories that I want to get my grabby little hands around. The shoes are lovely, but I've really got my eye on those pastel candy-like roses. They look delicious enough to eat, and certainly fine enough to put in my hair.

Those interested in more rococo style should check out Le Courtier, my favorite tumblr for baroque/rococo needs. (Warning: autoplay music player! Terrible, I know, but the pictures are worth it. And I can usually pause it before it loads up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails