ootd: spring has (not yet) sprung

It was disgusting, gray, and wet here this week. But it was also over 50 degrees, which is what we like to call a Wisconsin Heatwave! I didn't want to let the chance to be pantless without feeling like my legs might fall off go by, so I whipped a quick outfit together before I headed over to work.

As I told my coworkers, this outfit represents the day that we had (gray, drab) and the days I hope come soon (full of vibrant color and life!) This is the first time I wore these tights as "real" clothes, not a costume (I originally bought them to be Poison Ivy on Halloween -- great success!). I wasn't sure what exactly to pair them with, since there isn't a lot of green in my wardrobe, much less lime green. So I figured I would go bright, because bright colors go with other bright colors, right? I went with bright lipstick to echo the colors and to add another one to the mix so I didn't just look mismatched.

Once again, I went with my trusty MAC "Kissable"! It's quickly becoming one of my favorites; it was the first "nice" lipstick I bought when I first started getting into makeup a few years ago, and I haven't really worn it since. For some reason, I remember it being a lot more neon than it really is? Either my memory is playing tricks on me or I've become a lot more brazen about my lipstick choices -- "Sure!" I say now, "Hot pink is totally a day color!"

You can't really see it in the photo, but I wore my flower cocktail ring as well: another wish for spring!

Is spring anywhere on the horizon for you? It's going to snow again tomorrow, so this brief respite was nothing but a tease.

Oops, just realized I never gave the stats for the outfit!

Dress: Target
Tights: Sock Dreams
Cardigan: Kohl's
Boots: Kohl's
Ring (unseen): Francesca's Closet

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails