magic changes (again)

Today I'm in a new place! I went to visit Kaitlin (of Disdainbrook fame) in the city we went to college in! She's back at school doing an honors term and living in the apartment of one of our professors, who is on sabbatical this semester. It's pretty sweet digs! Lots of old details (like adorable radiator cases) and there's a cat here! (She did not come with the apartment.)

I know I've been kind of MIA lately, due to working and job-hunting and the burn-out associated with working and lack of success in job-hunting, but I did something that I think will help immensely: I got a new haircut!



It looks like this! Up until I got to the salon, I still wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it. I've been growing my hair out for a while so I could have a wider variety of hairstyle choices but...I never really styled my hair in exciting ways, and I was getting kind of sick of it. Two days before my appointment, I suddenly thought "What about asymmetrical?"



I really love it! It's got a sassy vibe my hair has been lacking for a while, and it's super easy to take care of; I can't believe how much quicker showering is without all that hair to wash! My curls are a lot lighter and better formed without being tugged down and, obviously, I also got my color redone. Redhead once more!

Getting a good haircut can really brighten up your mood, in my experience. I couldn't stop touching it all day, and I feel that it definitely reflects my "professional yet creative" side a lot more (in case I happen to interview somewhere where I need to be professional yet creative, fingers crossed!) Hopefully this will be the forerunner of a lot of good things in life; I could use a few!

When was the last time you got a really great haircut? Did it make your life magical? On the flipside, did a terrible haircut ruin your whole week? Share share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails