my biggest purchase

I just made the biggest purchase of my life today. It was a lot of money, definitely stretched me to my limits, but it's something I've been wanting for a long time. And really, it was about time. Despite how badly I wanted it, this was by far the most stressful shopping experience of my life...thank goodness it was mercifully short!

Okay, I promise to stop being coy:



I bought a car! My very first car...yes, for those of you playing at home, that means that my parents have been dropping me off/picking me up from work this whole time. That was both embarrassing (for me) and inconvenient (since they both work, and would often have to come pick me up on breaks or take conference calls while we were driving). It was really about time I got my own car, and even though I would have ideally waited until I had a full-time job, it was time.

For all the angst and discussion that went into this decision, the actual process of car shopping was blissfully short. This weekend, my dad agreed to call his contact at the dealership. He called on Monday, and we went to the lot that afternoon. Dad's contact had noted a few cars that were in my price range but still had low mileage. I test-drove a Chevy Malibu, but it was sort of a golden granny car, and I wasn't too excited about it. We walked around the lot, and that's when I spotted:



That's my baby! It's a 2007 Nissan Versa; I really loved how it was sporty without being too small for me to feel safe, and even fit in with my current lust for grey! I took a test drive, and that night, filled out a credit application and put down a holding deposit. Today, Dad and I headed over to the dealership after work, signed a lot of forms, and I was able to drive him home!



Beau was very interested!

All that was left was to come up with a name; I'm nothing if not a person who loves both literature and themes. All of my electronics are named for the antagonists of my favorite Shakespeare plays. Although he doesn't exactly count, I didn't have anyone named from A Midsummer Night's Dream yet, so I've decided to name my magical little Versa Oberon.

How old were you when you got your first car? I found out while sharing the news that my grandpa was 22 as well -- he bought his first car when he came home from the Air Force!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails