fictional fashion icons: buffy summers

I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's easily one of my favorite TV shows of all time, and I have a deep fondness for every single character that hasn't faded, no matter how long it's been since I watched the show (well, maybe not Warren). I recently started rewatching the whole series with my roommates, who had never seen it, and it was like hanging out with old friends again. I missed Buffy, Willow, Xander, Giles, Anya...what I did not miss was the alternately hilarious and hilariously terrible 90s fashion that permeates the first few seasons. Minidresses ahoy! I wanted to draw inspiration from Buffy Summers and her killer fashion sense without reanimating a few ghouls of the 90s that I'd need a slayer to get rid of again. (Yeah, I know, I'm a huge nerd.)

slayer chic


Buffy knew how to rock a tank top. I picked tanks with some simple girly detailing to get you into that ex-cheerleader/fashionista/monster killer frame of mind. Add a cute pair of jeans that only a slayer could actually kick some butt in. A cross is, of course, the go-to accessory for a vampire slayer--if you don't wear crosses, you can always go in for the claddagh ring (do I hear Buffy and Angel's love theme?) or any delicate silver jewelry. Buffy would never, of course, be left without a pair of "stylish yet affordable boots," and a slayer's purse needs to be cute, but big enough to hold some serious weaponry. Buffy was never one for the super made-up look (not a lot of time for that when there's an apocalypse to stop), so stay fresh and neutral with a clear or pink-tinted gloss.

Put all the pieces together, and you've got some sweet slayer style without feeling like you've fallen into a 90s flashback!

Do you emulate a fictional character's style? I love distilling a piece of media into fashion form, so if there's someone/some show/book/movie you'd like to see, leave a comment and I'll see what I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails