versatile blogger award

Angela over at Lariats and Lavender gave me my very first blogging award! It was very exciting. I've always wanted to win an award in something--I tend to be very unlucky, so it was really nice to be thought of!



Rules

* Thank & Link back to the person who gave you the award
* Answer 10 questions
* Pass it along to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy
* Leave your recipients a note, telling them about the award.

Questions

1. Why did you create this blog?

I've always really loved writing and blogging, but I had a hard time figuring out what niche I could fit into. I was looking for fun fashion blogs, and while I found several I love, I found a lot more than just seemed to be fashion show after fashion show. So I thought I'd start a blog to talk more about my kind of fashion.

2. What kind of blogs do you follow?

A lot of interior design/lifestyle blogs, book blogs, other fashion blogs. Anything that catches my interest, really! Pretty pictures or DIY projects help!

3. Favorite Make-Up Brand?

Urban Decay. I'm hard pressed to stop myself from buying everything from there...love the eye shadows and liners, all the colors offered and the packaging, be still my beating heart!

4. Favorite Clothing Brand?

Apt. 9? Haha, I really love a lot of rockabilly brands like Heartbreaker and Bettie Page, but for the most part, I'm not very brand loyal. I guess I'll also say Miss Sixty since my fab new coat is from there!

5. Indispensable Make-Up Product?

Lipstick. Nothing makes a look come together~ like lipstick does. My sister (who does not suck) gave me a tube of Dior Creme de Gloss, and it is amazing. There's surprisingly good color stay for something that applies like a gloss, and it has pretty much healed my chapped lips. I guess sometimes going high end really does make a difference!

6. Favorite Color?

I don't have one, but I guess I'll say purple, since I've been buying a lot of purple lately.

7. Favorite Perfume?

La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente by BPAL (well, that sounds pretentious!) I also like Shattered and Drink Me (both BPAL), but I usually wear Bath & Bodyworks White Cherry Blossom mist for everyday.

8. Favorite Film?

Man, if I have to pick just one, I'll go with Disney's Beauty and the Beast. I never get tired of that. Other faves: The Princess Bride, The Fall, Moulin Rouge, Hot Fuzz

9. What country would you like to visit and why?

Germany. I'd love to see Europe in general, but I think Germany is particularly gorgeous. Plus, my family immigrated from Germany in the old days, so it would be sort of a return to roots. And I love German food, of course!

10. Would you rather forget to put on mascara on one eye or forget blush on one side of your face?

Blush, because I never wear much blush anyway. And I could always just blend it out if anyone noticed.

And, okay, I actually don't follow that many individual-run blogs? Many of them are done by teams and are a bit more "professional" than I think this is intended for, so I don't have seven bloggers. Sorry! I'm passing the award on to:

Claire from Attic Artist

Okay, so maybe she's my roommate (shh), but I love seeing her art up on my reader. She creates such neat, weird things in her little head.

Gillie from Portrait of the Would-Be Artist as a Young Woman

In my sea of pretty rooms and clothes, I can always count on Gillie to have a new post that really makes me think.

Jessica from Lovely Undergrad

She always has lovely outfits and ideas, and inspired me to check out Polyvore (and the rest is history...)

Thanks again to Andrea, and thanks to the lovely ladies I named above--you make blogging so much fun!

PS: I'm now "on the fence" -- please click to vote Fickle Kitsch up as a lifestyle blog, and go add yours! I love new resources to find nifty blogs through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails