ipsy glam bag review: july

Remember how I said I was going to do a full write-up of everything I got in my first glam bag from ipsy? Well, when doing my video review of the August bag, I realized I hadn't actually done a review of July. So...here we go!

Roll on perfume oil by demeter: "salt air" scent

My most used item from the bag! It's a really nice, fresh scent and the roll on makes it really easy to apply (the other perfume I wear is imps from BPAL, which I'm always afraid I'm going to spill everywhere when I open them.) I'm not a big fragrance person, but this just kind of smells clean. I'm a fan!

Pouty pop crayon by Pop Beauty: "fuschia flirt"

The item that most drew my eye when opening the bag! I like that you can vary the intensity of the color depending on how much you put on. The payoff is nice and the color lasts fairly well, but it doesn't feel particularly moisturizing on the lips. Not a dealbreaker by any means, but not something that's going to replace my special favorite lip colors.

Eyeshadow set by BH Cosmetics: "California Collection"

These are okay...I need to experiment with them a bit more, but I wasn't thrilled with the texture the first time I tried it. I was putting some on in the morning before work and the shadow was pressed very tightly, which made it difficult to get a good color payoff. I've only tried the one (work appropriate) color so far, though, so I'll need to experiment more. But I'm kind of spoiled when it comes to eyeshadow; after years of toiling away over drugstore palettes, I pretty much exclusively wear Urban Decay now.

Mineral sunscreen by Coola

It's sunscreen. It's unscented, which is a bonus (who likes the smell of sunscreen?), but other than that there's nothing super remarkable about it. It went on smoothly and it didn't feel heavy on my face, and didn't feel greasy when I touched my face later. It's organic, which is nice. I'm one of those rebellious pasty people who doesn't often wear sunscreen, though, so this is unlikely to become part of my everyday routine.

Weather proof hairspray by Big Sexy Hair

I really don't use product in my hair (ew, crunch factor), so I don't have the most nuanced opinions on hairsprays. I tried this one on my bangs, and maybe I didn't put enough on but I didn't see/feel much of a difference. My hair didn't feel crunchy, which was a plus, but I didn't notice it holding in place any better than usual either. I'd try it again if I needed to set my hair (I've been having a hankering to get back into vintage styling again!) so I don't have to actually buy hairspray, but another one that I wouldn't use everyday.

And that was July! All in all, I was satisfied and enjoyed trying new products I wouldn't have purchased myself, but I'm really excited about my August bag! Which you can go ahead and watch...right now:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails