valentine's day

It's that time of year again...no, not Christmas (although we have some lovely Christmas decorations up for testing in the store right now, which is confusing some patrons): Valentine's Day! That most romantic and Hallmark-y of holidays, devoted to exchanging sweet things with your sweetheart.

chocolate conversation hearts
Conversation Heart cookies! too cute, right? Photo & cookies by thedecoratedcookie


...but what about those of us who are lacking a sweetheart? (I wanted to put a picture here, but have you ever Googled "broken heart" images? That is scary stuff!) It's easy to be bitter about Valentine's Day...heaven knows I've spent my fair share of years being resentful of "Singles Awareness Day." But being bitter can get tiring, and why should those darn couples have all the fun?

I say, fight the power in a positive way: make Valentine's Day about all kinds of love. There are all sorts of people in my life that I love, and I think a day when I can celebrate them and eat candy sounds pretty great. Bust out the construction paper and glitter and show your family/friends/classmates/neighbors how much you love them! Just like I love all of you, my beloved blog buddies ♥



Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails