the 2nd annual nanowrimo commemorative writer's accessories post

It's that wonderful cuckoo time of year again! Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month aka The Intrepid Writer's Best Friend/Worst Nightmare/Month of Mayhem) will again be upon us tomorrow. I haven't decided if I'm officially participating this year, but I'm definitely using Nano as inspiration to break myself out of a creative rut and get some more work done. Last year, I did a post on accessories for writers; twice makes a tradition, right?

This year, I have a few decorative accessories, and a few that are totally crucial to a writer in his or her natural habitat.



On the necessary side, take your novel with you wherever you go with this adorable owl-shaped USB drive. There is nothing quite like the exquisite agony of losing the precious words you worked so hard on, so please: back it up! It should be easy with such a cute storage device!

Source: etsy.com via Jennifer on Pinterest



Yes, last post I did feature another piece by this fabulous Etsyian. And no, I still don't own one of these rings. But I'm lusting like nothing else, especially after the semicolon one shown above. The semicolon is my very favorite punctuation mark! Clearly, this is a match made in heaven.

Source: etsy.com via Jennifer on Pinterest



As winter is coming upon us, fingerless gloves become invaluable for those of us who want to type/write without our hands freezing. Plus, gloves that are as cute as these are enough of a fashion statement that you can totally rock them with your late autumn/early winter outfits.

Source: etsy.com via Jennifer on Pinterest



If you're a funky type who wants to wear their writerly identity like a badge of pride, this scarf is a big step in the right direction. It's a scarf that's a pencil! What more is there to say?

Source: etsy.com via Jennifer on Pinterest



And while you're slaving away over your magnum opus, why not wear a little bit of a good luck talisman: a writer you admire, resting right over your heart. Sometimes when I'm working on a project, I feel a bit like the above famed recluse, JD Salinger.

Are any of you doing Nanowrimo this year? It's not too late to sign up -- if you power through, you can definitely make up the words! What are your "must have" when you write? I almost always write on my laptop, but I love having a Moleskin notebook around in case I need to jot something down. It makes me feel very official!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails